POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : blender - any good? : Re: blender - any good? Server Time
4 May 2024 04:06:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender - any good?
From: Kyle
Date: 29 Mar 2007 06:59:10
Message: <3c9n03t9uihf52e6irkc2qciv20oehdn88@4ax.com>
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:42:14 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Excellent. I admire your perseverance.

Thanks!  What keeps me going is that I keep discovering cool functionality.

One that I found early on, and find very cool, is how they use bezier curves to
influence objects.  You can bevel bezier curves using simple or complex bezier circle
shapes to create some nice sweeps.
You can duplicate, scale and twist mesh objects using bezier curves.  There's just so
much that can be done with them, and it's lots of fun, once you figure it out.  (I
think the chain demo was
mentioned before.  A great example, but I still haven't quite figured that one out
100%.)

Last night I was playing around with the particle system to create hair and found out
that you can use vertex groups to weight paint the density and length of the hair you
create.  Very cool, and it
look very good when rendered.  (I have the bright idea to try and create a cute fuzzy
creature using blender.  Something hamster-like.)

>One day I may follow your tracks... When I have more time

It's a tough journey, but I still have hope that it will be worth it in the end.  :-)

Kyle